JenBookDen

Jennifer | Book Den

A book blogging mom who loves to read, run, and watch TV. All at the same time.

Wayward
Blake Crouch
The Winter Family: A Novel
Clifford Jackman

Ten Creepy Monsters

Ten Creepy Monsters - Carey Armstrong-Ellis The kids and I had a really good time reading Ten Creepy Monsters. Ten Creepy Monsters starts out just like the title says - with ten monsters. One by one something happens to each monster.Ten creepy monsters met ’neath a gnarled pine.One blew away,And then there were nine.The premise for Ten Creepy Monsters is so cute and each monster is eliminated in a creative way fitting to that particular monster. (In the example above, the one that blew away was a ghost.) My only complaint is it was a bit over my kids' head. I had to explain what happened to each monster. It's a small complaint because I enjoy having discussion while we are reading, but it would have been even better if my kids' joy wasn't delayed before catching up to mine.My favorite part of Ten Creepy Monsters is the ending. I absolutely love when a simple picture book gives a surprise ending. The kids and I immediately turned back to the first page so we could read it again knowing how it ends.