JenBookDen

Jennifer | Book Den

A book blogging mom who loves to read, run, and watch TV. All at the same time.

Wayward
Blake Crouch
The Winter Family: A Novel
Clifford Jackman

Ten Little Pumpkins

Ten Little Pumpkins - Jay B. Johnson If you are anything like me, Ten Little Pumpkins will drive you insane. My kids enjoyed it. They loved counting the ten pumpkins in each picture spread. I don't think they even noticed how hard it was for me not to make a complete mess of the story or the numerous looks I exchanged with my husband.Ten Little Pumpkins is a "Sing and Read Storybook". The words are set to the tune of Ten Little Indians. The idea is you can open the book and sing through the pages. The first verse of pages were fine... One little, two little, three little pumpkins... concluding with ten little pumpkins in a patch. Just like the original ten little indian boys. After that, the book is all jacked up. The syllables in the verses get more and more unlike those of Ten Little Indians finally ending with ten trick-or-treaters on Halloween night. How on earth do you sing song that?If you can make ten trick-or-treaters on Halloween night sound like ten little indian boys, could you please call me?