JenBookDen

Jennifer | Book Den

A book blogging mom who loves to read, run, and watch TV. All at the same time.

Wayward
Blake Crouch
The Winter Family: A Novel
Clifford Jackman

The Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson and the Olympians Series #2)

The Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson and the Olympians Series #2) - I read the first book in the Percy Jackson series (The Lightning Thief) a couple of years ago. I decided since the first book was so fun, I'd try The Sea of Monsters on audio. I thought it might ramp up the entertainment value. I think it was a good choice. I liked the narrator, and he did a great job of pulling me into the story.In The Sea of Monsters, Percy heads back to Camp Half-Blood and immediately takes on a quest to help save the school. It's a fun read, but I didn't come out of it feeling as good as I did after The Lightning Thief. There was something I didn't particularly like about Percy which made me not care much for the characters in general. He's flawed like most boys are his age so I'm probably just being too unforgiving.Even though The Sea of Monsters wasn't a complete win for me, the series is a lot of fun so far so I will continue on. I have the audio for The Titan's Curse on hold with the library so I can continue on with the audio versions.For the record, I haven't seen either of the movies. This is just a series I'm working my way through. I will probably watch them once my kids are old enough.If you enjoy YA fantasy books, this is a good series to pick up and try.